Paleo Nate here coming to you once again from my kitchen, and I am so excited to share my first Primal appetizer dish with you all. I found a rendition of this dish on page 62 of one of my favorite books so far and that is Paleo Comfort Foods by Julie & Charles Mayfield. This appetizer is being called Primal because I added grass fed jack cheese to the center but you may very well just leave the cheese out or add blanched almonds instead to make it truly Paleo. The wife and I went to a party and had to bring a dish. I, of course, was nervous about the foods that would be there so we had to bring something that I could partake in. Thankfully, this was fast and easy to make. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Here you go.
Also, please don’t forget that PaleoNate.com does have a page where you can read all about my story as well as connect with me directly.
- 4 or more, organic Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 or more, slices of organic, nitrate-free turkey bacon, cut in half
- 4 or more, pieces of grass fed organic jack cheese, sliced
- Organic basil for garnish
- Cook the turkey bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until cooked completely
- Remove all the pits from the Medjool dates
- Slice the jack cheese & stuff each piece inside each date
- Wrap the cooked turkey bacon around the dates & hold with toothpicks
- Garnish with organic basil and that’s it!
- 5 minutes
- 2-4 minutes
- 1 person
So, you now have your first Primal (or Paleo) appetizer from PaleoNate to take to your next function. It really was simple to make and you can actually create them with several different items stuffed inside of the dates. The sky’s the limit. Be creative. Hopefully, you will try this dish when you are in a hurry to get to that party and let me know your thoughts in the comments.
Stay tuned for another healthy and simple meal made from my kitchen, Paleo style.