Paleo Nate here and I wanted to share a superb, low carb side dish that you can serve with any Paleo meal such as the Primal Paleo Bread Pizza or Paleo Meatloaf that we recently covered. Picture mashed potatoes but using non-starchy cauliflower. This vegetable is full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals and with so few calories and carbohydrates, you can enjoy more of them! I found a derivative of this recipe on page 344 in the book, Make it Paleo by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason, which happens to be available through the Julian Bakery.
Now, let’s just get to the recipe and video for this great side dish idea. Don’t forget to let me know what you think in the comments.
- 1 organic head of cauliflower, steamed & puréed
- 1 tbsp organic pasture butter
- Dash of sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 slice of organic, nitrate-free turkey bacon, diced
*Of course, you may add more ingredients such as garlic, thyme, rosemary, onion, and so on. I just kept it basic this time around.
- Cut the organic cauliflower florets off of the head and steam in a steaming basket until soft
- Place the cauliflower pieces into any food processor and add the sea salt, black pepper & pasture butter
- Purée until smooth and plate
- Cook the turkey bacon in a small skillet over medium heat, cut & serve on top of the mashed cauliflower and enjoy!
- 10 minutes+
- 10-12 minutes
- 4-6 people
Now think about it, you now have an option to use for your Paleo Thanksgivings. Making a dish with the zero carb, Miracle Noodles™ or Miracle Rice™? You now have a side dish idea. Enjoying a Primal Cheeseburger on Paleo Bread™? Here is the replacement for the high starchy fries. The options are endless.
Be sure to comment below and tell me what you think. I would love to hear from you. Also, please Like me on Facebook™ and Share this with your Paleo friends.